- Follow on Tumblr - Follow citizendoug
Top Posts & Pages
- The Gypsies "Tchavalo Swing" at KUHT 1-22-03
- Citizen Doug Productions has the Sound Devices 633!
- Citizen Doug steps up its IFB and on-set listening with Lectrosonics
- Citizen Doug records Bela Karolyi for NPR's All Things Considered
- Citizen Doug Sound Mixer for Gillman Guy Rule #243 from Moffett Productions
- Are My Wireless Mics Legal? What Frequencies for Mics Do I Buy? Why Get an FCC License For Wireless Mics?
- Clouseaux "Reum With a View" at KUHT 3-27-03
- Denice Franke "Milo" at KUHT
- Citizen Doug Location Recordist for Gillman Guy Rule #719 by Moffett Productions
Monthly Archives: June 2012
Sometimes you’re just there
Phuz is another example of a band of family members. If memory serves, I believe they are brothers, bass and drums. More Phuz “Water“, “Cold”, and “Search” Check out more Houston Music
The neighborhood church. Though I haven’t taken in a service yet, the bizarre was a must partake!
Sherman Robertson’s obituary will probably mention that he recorded a song on Paul Simon’s Graceland, and no doubt his career was boosted by that happy circumstance. In down to earth Houston terms, he was a student of Conrad Johnson. More … Continue reading
The Handsomes are still around. I haven’t seen them since the taping, so I’m hoping the whole thing about guys just get more handsome has worked to their advantage. I can’t say enough about Pat the drummer, of Los Skarnales … Continue reading
Grady Gaines‘ band is another family affair, with a brother playing guitar and a son playing alto. I would say about a third of the bands I recorded for KUHT had at least two family members involved. Mr. Gaines was … Continue reading
The sculpture Virtuoso by David Adickes is featured in a segment from “Art Is All Around Us Downtown” for which Douglas Robertson was awarded a 2006 Lonestar Emmy for the Craft of Audio. It is located at the Lyric Center … Continue reading
I met Frank Zweback when his jam band, Zwee and the Graveberries was still holding down a night at either LLC or Dan’s. I’m sure I played drums as part of the open jam. This began a relationship of music … Continue reading
I. J. Gosey was probably found by one of the show producers while drinking at the Big Easy. I believe he held a regular gig there. I’m glad he was put on the air. Interestingly, the station used this tune … Continue reading
I first met Greg Harbar and Mary Ann Harbar (now Mary Ann Willis) at their overstuffed home on Peden. My best friend was babysitting their son Nick Harbar . They were known as the Gypsies, which as far back as … Continue reading
The John Evans Band. I have gotten to work with the John Evans Band a couple of times since this taping. I was always impressed with the work ethic of the group. They still believe in what they’re doing. More … Continue reading