- Follow on Tumblr - Follow citizendoug
Top Posts & Pages
- Horseshoe at The Scott Daniels Musical Memorial 8-11-13 at the Last Concert Cafe a Gigapan by Douglas Robertson
- Gigapan Downtown Houston Dusk Memorial Dr 77002 12-4-13
- Citizen Doug mics up the 'Half Ton Killer' for Anderson Live
- Carolyn Wonderland "Radio Blues" at KUHT 6-30-04
- Denice Franke "South Gulf Lowlands" at KUHT
- Sisters Morales "What I'd Do For You" at KUHT 2-12-03 (Right From the Start)
- Gigapan Houston Downtown Dusk Southwestward 8-20-13
- Sound Patrol 'Walls Crumble' at KUHT 10-01-02-HD
- Wilfred Chevis and the Texas Zydeco Band "Mona Lisa" at KUHT 7-23-03
- Citizen Doug Productions has the Sound Devices 633!
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Space City Gamelan performs “Break Beats Padas” More Space City Gamelan ‘Jiro’, “Bajing Lun Cat”, and “Gambang Suling” Check out more Houston Music. City Space Gamelan melakukan “Beats Istirahat Padas” Lebih City Space Gamelan ‘Jiro’, “Bajing Lun Cat”, “Gambang Suling”
Mark Halata and Texavia performs ‘Black Crow Polka” this was tune was part of Douglas Robertson’s 2004 Lonestar Emmy winning composite entry for the Craft of Sound Design. More Mark Halata and Texavia ‘Little Goose‘, “The Night the Dice Were … Continue reading
James A Cotton wrote
Moses Guest performs Preposterous Box live to tape in Studio A at The Melcher Center for Public Broadcasting. More Moses Guest “Jackson”, “Saint Mo”, and “Double Double God” Check out more Houston Music.
This was the first take of the session. Given the amount of tentative sobriety, average pain threshold incursion, and number of pizzas delivered in the last 48 hours, I was impressed that it came together as well as it did. … Continue reading
The trusty old steed, a 2003 crew cab four wheel drive Tacoma SR-5 has a new Leer Cap that can not only store more, but also frees up the seats in the cab for crew. It also has rack rails … Continue reading
While at HoustonPBS, I got to record Bob Geldof for Innerviews with Ernie Manouse. This was early in the run of the two camera half hour interview show. Shot at Holocost Museum Houston, there were some noise reduction efforts required … Continue reading
First tune first take. Carolyn Wonderland and Scott Daniels double up on a swinging guitar duet. Cole El-Saleh’s keyboard’s solo should not go with out mention. Carolyn’s smile at the end says it all. She smiles a lot, but not … Continue reading
For almost four seasons, we did a little talk show called The After Party on HousotnPBS. This was another brainchild of the amazing Ernie Manouse and was capably directed by Matt Brawley. We were crammed into studio B. Music consisted … Continue reading
‘Melody Melody’ from the first lineup of Drop Trio as appears on their first CD Big Dipper. More Drop Trio “Slap Jack”, “Wreck of the Zephyr”, and “Leftys Alone” Check out more Houston Music.
I got to record All Things Considered Host Audie Cornish’s interview of gymnastic coaching legend Bela Karolyi. It was a very busy day at Camp Karolyi, a sprawling, frumpy, yet world class facility in the heart of the Sam Houston … Continue reading