You can have two roving HD Cameras synced with the Ambient Recording ACL202CT Trilevel Sync at Citizen Doug Productions. Some cameras are fairly easy to jam free run code and away you go. Some, and this list grows every day, don’t play nice together, don’t hold code during battery changes, or drift, even after jammed because they also require a common source of sync. On board codecs can make this worse. HD cameras must have trilevel sync. SD must have regular sync.
Confusing? I recommend that you do a camera test before you begin principle photography, especially if you have a setup day with your AC. I have seen reality shows waste many thousands of dollars by not proofing their workflow all the way through and then wading through terabytes of footage that just won’t lock up. Practice makes perfect and may be far cheaper than the alternative.
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow citizendoug
Top Posts & Pages
- Citizen Doug location sound and ADR for First Community Credit Union ad with Brian Cushing
- Sound Patrol's "Pull Me Over" on KUHT 10-01-02
- Sound Patrol 'Walls Crumble' at KUHT 10-01-02
- Sound Patrol ‘Smile’ at KUHT 10-01-02
- Sound Patrol at KUHT "What She Wants" 10-1-02
- Citizen Doug Production Sound Mixer for Don McGill Toyota Ad
Subscribe to Blog via Email