You can have two roving HD Cameras synced with the Ambient Recording ACL202CT Trilevel Sync at Citizen Doug Productions. Some cameras are fairly easy to jam free run code and away you go. Some, and this list grows every day, don’t play nice together, don’t hold code during battery changes, or drift, even after jammed because they also require a common source of sync. On board codecs can make this worse. HD cameras must have trilevel sync. SD must have regular sync.
Confusing? I recommend that you do a camera test before you begin principle photography, especially if you have a setup day with your AC. I have seen reality shows waste many thousands of dollars by not proofing their workflow all the way through and then wading through terabytes of footage that just won’t lock up. Practice makes perfect and may be far cheaper than the alternative.
Top Posts & Pages
- Clay Farmer "Crippled Picket Fences" at KUHT 4-28-04
- Citizen Doug supports Red Epic Audio for Gillman Guy Rule #832 from Moffett Productions
- Citizen Doug Location Audio, Sound on Gillman Guy Rule #65 Commercial for Moffett Productions
- Cheek "Crooked Mile" at KUHT 2000
- Citizen Doug records Muhammad Ali's friend George Foreman for NBC Nightly News
- Are My Wireless Mics Legal? What Frequencies for Mics Do I Buy? Why Get an FCC License For Wireless Mics?
- Citizen Doug, Location Audio Recordist for Gillman Guy Rule #119
- Citizen Doug Supports Announcers, Commentators, Translators, Hosts
- Gigapan New Year's Eve 2018 Houston TX
- Cheek "Drop" at KUHT 2001
Subscribe to Blog via Email