You can have two roving HD Cameras synced with the Ambient Recording ACL202CT Trilevel Sync at Citizen Doug Productions. Some cameras are fairly easy to jam free run code and away you go. Some, and this list grows every day, don’t play nice together, don’t hold code during battery changes, or drift, even after jammed because they also require a common source of sync. On board codecs can make this worse. HD cameras must have trilevel sync. SD must have regular sync.
Confusing? I recommend that you do a camera test before you begin principle photography, especially if you have a setup day with your AC. I have seen reality shows waste many thousands of dollars by not proofing their workflow all the way through and then wading through terabytes of footage that just won’t lock up. Practice makes perfect and may be far cheaper than the alternative.
Top Posts & Pages
- Citizen Doug, Location Audio Recordist for Gillman Guy Rule #119
- Town Hall, Teleconference, Satellite, Intercom, Phone Problem Solver at Citizen Doug Productions
- Citizen Doug Location Audio, Sound on Gillman Guy Rule #65 Commercial for Moffett Productions
- Peter Brown for Mayor Ad "Behind Blueprint - Share Your Vision!"
- Mark Halata and Texavia "Black Crow Polka" at KUHT 7-23-03
- Space City Gamelan "Break Beat Padas" at KUHT 11-14-03
- Space City Gamelan "Gambang Suling" at KUHT 11-14-03
- Space City Gamelan "Bajing Lun Cat" at KUHT 11-14-03
- Erin Fisher Wright "Salynkas Blues" at KUHT 4-29-04
Subscribe to Blog via Email