Market Square Park was the original location of City Hall, which occupied the second floor of a building that burned down. The first floor was a market, as was the entire square. Diverseworks did the initial transformation in to an art park, though the empty square was always a public space. This video precedes the current redesign, but tells the story of the park nicely, though sadly, the photos on porcelain did not get a full restoration. The gigapan picture below shows the current layout. Of special note is the anchoring public sculpture Points of View by James Surls.
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow citizendoug
Top Posts & Pages
- John Evans Band "Hot Rod Country" at KUHT 3-26-03
- Remote Location Music Concert Recording Curtis Braly - All About the Ride LIVE
- Citizen Doug location sound and ADR for First Community Credit Union ad with Brian Cushing
- Citizen Doug supports Red Epic Audio for Gillman Guy Rule #832 from Moffett Productions
- Mark Halata and Texavia "Black Crow Polka" at KUHT 7-23-03
- Citizen Doug Records 360 Virtual Reality Audio for Spike at Bellator 149
- Gigapan Downtown Houston Skyline near Olshan Sunset
- Citizen Doug Productions has the Sound Devices 633!
- Citizen Doug has the ACL 204 Ambient Recording Lockit ACN Lockit Network
Subscribe to Blog via Email