Market Square Park was the original location of City Hall, which occupied the second floor of a building that burned down. The first floor was a market, as was the entire square. Diverseworks did the initial transformation in to an art park, though the empty square was always a public space. This video precedes the current redesign, but tells the story of the park nicely, though sadly, the photos on porcelain did not get a full restoration. The gigapan picture below shows the current layout. Of special note is the anchoring public sculpture Points of View by James Surls.
Top Posts & Pages
- Town Hall, Teleconference, Satellite, Intercom, Phone Problem Solver at Citizen Doug Productions
- Citizen Doug Location Audio, Sound on Gillman Guy Rule #65 Commercial for Moffett Productions
- Peter Brown for Mayor Ad "Behind Blueprint - Share Your Vision!"
- Mark Halata and Texavia "Black Crow Polka" at KUHT 7-23-03
- Citizen Doug, Location Audio Recordist for Gillman Guy Rule #119
Subscribe to Blog via Email