Market Square Park was the original location of City Hall, which occupied the second floor of a building that burned down. The first floor was a market, as was the entire square. Diverseworks did the initial transformation in to an art park, though the empty square was always a public space. This video precedes the current redesign, but tells the story of the park nicely, though sadly, the photos on porcelain did not get a full restoration. The gigapan picture below shows the current layout. Of special note is the anchoring public sculpture Points of View by James Surls.
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow citizendoug
Top Posts & Pages
- Sport Illustrated Swimsuit 2017 Aly Raisman Behind the Scenes Location Audio
- Sport Illustrated Swimsuit 2017 Simone Biles Behind the Scenes Audio
- The Gypsies "Tchavalo Swing" at KUHT 1-22-03
- Location audio for KHOU's "Buffalo Bayou Park, Where Houston Begins"
- Gigapan Downtown Skyline from UHD 1 Main St, Houston, TX 77002 night
- Douglas Robertson ENG mixer for Gillman Guy Rockstar Commercial
Subscribe to Blog via Email