Market Square Park was the original location of City Hall, which occupied the second floor of a building that burned down. The first floor was a market, as was the entire square. Diverseworks did the initial transformation in to an art park, though the empty square was always a public space. This video precedes the current redesign, but tells the story of the park nicely, though sadly, the photos on porcelain did not get a full restoration. The gigapan picture below shows the current layout. Of special note is the anchoring public sculpture Points of View by James Surls.
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow citizendoug
Top Posts & Pages
- Doug Robertson Sound Mixer for Shipping Wars 100th episode "Marc and Jenn's Munsters Mission"
- Clay Farmer "Texas Radio" at KUHT 4-28-04
- Carolyn Wonderland with Scott Daniels "I Believe In You" at KUHT 6-30-04
- Sisters Morales "Time Off and Peace" at KUHT 2-12-03
- Moses Guest 'Preposterous Box' at KUHT 1-21-03
- Radio Active Designs demos UV-1G wireless intercom at NRG Stadium
- Susan McDonald 'Gilgamesh' at KUHT 4-28-04
- Carolyn Wonderland "Bad Girl" at KUHT 6-30-04
Subscribe to Blog via Email