Market Square Park was the original location of City Hall, which occupied the second floor of a building that burned down. The first floor was a market, as was the entire square. Diverseworks did the initial transformation in to an art park, though the empty square was always a public space. This video precedes the current redesign, but tells the story of the park nicely, though sadly, the photos on porcelain did not get a full restoration. The gigapan picture below shows the current layout. Of special note is the anchoring public sculpture Points of View by James Surls.
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow citizendoug
Top Posts & Pages
- The Norma Zenteno Band "The First Time I Saw Your Face" at KUHT 10-02-02
- Get a 2014 Calendar of Downtown Houston Gigapans by Citizen Doug!
- Citizen Doug Productions has the Sound Devices 633!
- 13-6-24 Supermoon Houston Skyline FIRST by Douglas Robertson
- The Imminent Asteroid 20th Anniversary
- Are My Wireless Mics Legal? What Frequencies for Mics Do I Buy? Why Get an FCC License For Wireless Mics?