Market Square Park was the original location of City Hall, which occupied the second floor of a building that burned down. The first floor was a market, as was the entire square. Diverseworks did the initial transformation in to an art park, though the empty square was always a public space. This video precedes the current redesign, but tells the story of the park nicely, though sadly, the photos on porcelain did not get a full restoration. The gigapan picture below shows the current layout. Of special note is the anchoring public sculpture Points of View by James Surls.
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow citizendoug
Top Posts & Pages
- Doug Robertson records the interview NFL HIStory: WR DeAndre Hopkins
- Are My Wireless Mics Legal? What Frequencies for Mics Do I Buy? Why Get an FCC License For Wireless Mics?
- Citizen Doug Location Recordist for Gillman Guy Rule #719 by Moffett Productions
- Space City Gamelan "Gambang Suling" at KUHT 11-14-03
- Telex Sound Mate for listening assistance, translation, IFB, on-set listening
- Music Video