Market Square Park was the original location of City Hall, which occupied the second floor of a building that burned down. The first floor was a market, as was the entire square. Diverseworks did the initial transformation in to an art park, though the empty square was always a public space. This video precedes the current redesign, but tells the story of the park nicely, though sadly, the photos on porcelain did not get a full restoration. The gigapan picture below shows the current layout. Of special note is the anchoring public sculpture Points of View by James Surls.
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow citizendoug
Top Posts & Pages
- Radio Active Designs demos UV-1G wireless intercom at NRG Stadium
- Clay Farmer "Me Tonight" at KUHT 4-28-04
- Are My Wireless Mics Legal? What Frequencies for Mics Do I Buy? Why Get an FCC License For Wireless Mics?
- Clay Farmer "Texas Radio" at KUHT 4-28-04
- Citizen Doug records a tape sync for Marketplace Radio
- Carolyn Wonderland with Scott Daniels "I Believe In You" at KUHT 6-30-04
- How do I tell, see, check, confirm firmware version on Sound Devices 552?
- Douglas Robertson Location Recordist of Samuel K Skinner for The Presidents' Gatekeepers
- Citizen Doug Sound Mixer for Gillman Guy Rule #243 from Moffett Productions