Market Square Park was the original location of City Hall, which occupied the second floor of a building that burned down. The first floor was a market, as was the entire square. Diverseworks did the initial transformation in to an art park, though the empty square was always a public space. This video precedes the current redesign, but tells the story of the park nicely, though sadly, the photos on porcelain did not get a full restoration. The gigapan picture below shows the current layout. Of special note is the anchoring public sculpture Points of View by James Surls.
- Follow on Tumblr - Follow citizendoug
Top Posts & Pages
- Radio Active Designs demos UV-1G wireless intercom at NRG Stadium
- Wilfred Chevis and the Texas Zydeco Band "Mona Lisa" at KUHT 7-23-03
- Doug Robertson recordist for Trucker for Life - Mobile Delvac Behind the Wheel
- Are My Wireless Mics Legal? What Frequencies for Mics Do I Buy? Why Get an FCC License For Wireless Mics?
- Music Video
Subscribe to Blog via Email