Top Posts & Pages
- Location Sound, 'Disaster in the Gulf' Discovery Channel and NPR's Tell me More
- Citizen Doug records Bela Karolyi for NPR's All Things Considered
- Doug Robertson records Houston interviews for The Space Shuttle: Flying for Me
- Junkyard Skills! Audio for Jim Adler - The Texas Hammer
- Location audio for KHOU's "Buffalo Bayou Park, Where Houston Begins"
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: old time music
Hilary Sloan was on a huge COUNTRY kick at the time of this taping. Her vision of what was or was not country was the subject of long conversation. But listening to this tune, I hear modern twists in the … Continue reading
Hilary Sloan performs her song “The Darker Side of Life” at KUHT on 8-6-04 More from Hilary Sloan “Some Forgotten Sunday”, “I Wish I Was a Highway“, and “I Know the Way to Heaven” Check out more Houston Music.
‘Some Forgotten Sunday’ by Hilary Sloan. I just love watching Ben the bass player whom I have played drums a few times in the Good Luck Band that had a regular gig at Toby Blunt’s old club on Washington Street. … Continue reading
Hilary Sloan is a champion fiddler with a unfaltering passion for authenticity. She wrote this tune. This band behind her may be the hottest thing since Hee Haw. Dagnabbit More from Hilary Sloan “Some Forgotten Sunday”, “I Wish I Was … Continue reading